Friday, February 8, 2013

Quilted Valentines



Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, so it’s time I gather my pink and red fabrics, collect my beads & ribbons and create quilted valentines. I keep them uncomplicated, in fact they are a bit crude but my main objective is to keep them simple, make them fast and have fun in the process.

Each valentine is made using a couple of techniques such as, appliqué, embroidery, beading, rouching, whatever it takes. I write a message on the back and include the date, which makes them nice if your valentine intends to collect them.
If you are interested in making one yourself, I have put together a free downloadable PDF file, which includes a heart template and easy instructions to get you started. Just remember, keep it simple and enjoy the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment